The SA-361 Defender Siren
Police Siren, Rescue Vehicle Remote Siren That Always Answers the Call
The SA-361 Defender remote siren has been redesigned with a new look and added functionality! The improved Defender combines the same simple operation, reliable performance and full-featured siren options as the original SA-361, but in a smaller, more compact amplifier. Size and user-friendly serviceability were the motivating factors in the redevelopment of this industry favorite. These key factors were achieved through the addition of terminal block wiring, which offers simple, plug-in connection to the amplifier; and the reduction of the internal electronics footprint resulting in a smaller amplifier with more versatile installation capabilities.
SA-361 Defender Siren Always Answers the Call
The SA-361 Defender Siren is designed to work with a single 100-watt siren speaker and includes a mounting bracket, short circuit, high voltage and reverse polarity protection systems and an output indicator light for diagnostic purposes. The remote switch panel features a pair of three position rocker switches to select between wail, yelp, Phaser or optional Two-Tone/HiLo, Power C, Manual and Air Horn siren tones. The siren also features external DIP switches for easy siren customization, and the Horn Ring Cycler 2 (HRC2) function that enables the driver hands-free control of the siren by cycling through the tones with the vehicle’s horn. As with all Carson Sirens products, the SA-361 Defender is backed by a no-hassle 5-year limited warranty. The rugged SA-361 Defender remains the affordable choice for law enforcement, security, and volunteer firefighters.
- Compact 100 watt amplifier
- Two 3-position rocker switches feature siren Wail, Yelp, and Phaser, or optional Two-Tone/HiLo siren tones with Manual and Air Horn override
- DIP switch programmable options allow siren to be customized for each installation
- Instant-On provides automatic power when a siren function is selected
- Output indicator light for diagnostics
- Horn Ring Cycler 2 (HRC2) enables siren tone selection through the horn ring for pursuit or rescue situations
- Short circuit, high voltage and reverse polarity protection systems
- Mounting Bracket
- Meets Class A sound level requirements and is California Title 13 configurable
- Control: 3-3/4″ W x 1-1/4″ H x 1 3/4″ D
Amplifier: 5-1/2″ W x 1-13/16″ H x 4-11/16″ D
- No-hassle 5-year limited warranty
SA-361 Defender Siren Sounds
- HiLo/Two Tone
- Power C
NOTE: Sound clips demonstrate sound, not loudness.
SA-361 Defender Siren Manual and Specifications
Accessories and Replacement Parts
Common Accessories and Replacement Parts for this product (click to view photo):
- CP4688-10 Connector
- ED1773 Control Panel / Head
- CP3571 Mounting Bracket
- CP3966 Bracket Hardware
- CP4748-2 Switch
- CP4751-2 Switch
- CP4998 Output Transistor
- CP4197-02 Output Transistor
NOTE: All Carson sirens are intended for use by authorized personnel only. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure they understand and operate this emergency warning device in compliance with all applicable city, state and federal laws and regulations.